How does one become a Shaman? It can be a long journey and one should start by taking a walk. Make a commitment to yourself that you will take a walk outside on a regular basis. Even if you visit a gym and walk on a treadmill, I encourage you to walk outside on a regular basis.
Walking stimulates the body, and the mind, and the spirit.
Making a commitment, focuses your intent.
When you walk, please look at your surroundings.
- Take in the air temperature. Smell things. See the sky, the clouds, the sun or the moon and stars.
- See the birds flying and the trees they land in. Look at the leaves and buds and twigs of the trees. Notice the different forms of trees.
- Listen to the sounds — the birds, and other natural sounds. Try to hear where they are coming from.
- Touch the earth, touch the grass, the plants, the rocks and sand that covers and forms the earth.
- If you are near a body of water, go visit it. See what color it is, if it is tidal, what do the waves look like, and are there critters in it/on it that you can see?
- What has changed since the last time you walked here?