After we Journey, I always tell people to JOURNAL ABOUT IT. Honorable Shamans and Fellow Pagans, I’ve been journaling since 1972, so, I have some suggestions about how to do this.
First, (after you decide what you will Journal in — see below,) document the when’s and where. Record the full date of your Journey: month, date, year. Make a note of the time of day when you took the Journey. Also record the lunar phase — Full Moon or New Moon? What sign was moon in, etc. Where were you? Indoors or out doors? What was the weather? This shouldn’t take too long to note, and, you may decide to do it after you record your Journey.
2. Record your Journey, chronologically: What did you do? Then what happened? And then what happened after that? Aim for the “big picture” here.
3. Who/what did you meet? Record the spirits you met. This includes animals, and humanoids (fairies, angels, ancestors), yes, and plants and rocks, too. But also note what objects you normally regard as inanimate, participated in your Journey.
3a. What do these Animals mean to you? Journal about this, before you ask someone to tell you what it means.
3b. Have you met this Animal before?
4. Then record what these helpers told you or showed you, or did.
5. Record your initial thoughts and impressions.
6. Then… Sit with all this…for a while… (whatever time it takes) and write about your additional impressions…
7. Go back to this entry in a month, and see what else comes to you. What have you experienced or learned, since this time.
Note one: you can Journal on any kind of paper. You can journal in a blog. You can make that blog private for your eyes only. You can Journal with words, or you can draw pictures, or a combination. It’s up to you.
Note two: If you Journey frequently and Journal consistently, you will amass quite a pile of Journal pages over time.
I encourage you to not collect excess “Stuff” as you go forward in your spiritual life.
Make a habit of disposing of your paper Journals after a year or two. This also keeps it private. You could make some sort of annual summary page of Animals and events /conversations /confirmations/ themes, if you want.
“Share your Peace with Mother Earth and Father Sky and the Big Waters all around us.” Whale Maiden.
(c) 2018 to present by Whale Maiden for the Earthways Shamanic Path. All rights reserved.