I’ve been going through some changes for a few months. Three months, definitely. Maybe more. Maybe six. I haven’t been able to give my all, and some times, I haven’t been able to give, at all. I’ve had moments where I rallied, and right now, I am thankful for the concept of Holding Space.
And the people around me, held me close in their hearts, and yet, made space, too.
Honorable Shamans and Fellow Pagans, I’ll give you some examples of Holding Space which I have seen over the past few months:
- In groups, I held on, (I was making space for another person who was going through an even rougher time than me,) while we added administrators. Or, people stepped forward to fill in the void, posting good articles and quotes. In classes, new people stepped forward, willing to teach, and to continue sharing the gifts of knowledge. I stepped back, and felt the healing power of allowing that gift to take place, that space.
- Holding Space is very simple. Sometimes it means, being there, when someone needs to talk. Or not talk. Maybe they simply need to hear you breath, or see the little blinking lights flicker in Messenger, the sign that someone is out there, communicating, and holding space for me.
- Holding Space is also when a person opens up in a sacred circle, and shares something that has been weighing on their mind, heart, soul, and they finally feel ready to share this, and in that moment, they are held by the respect of the circle, listened to and not judged. Given the space they need.
- Other times in the past few months, people have invited me to their table. They added an extra chair and a plate, and assured me there was plenty of the good stuff to go around, we would all be nurtured, fed, held in that space.
- I was able to Hold Space when serving as a liasion between two groups, working separately to achieve common goals.
If you held space for me recently, thank you. If I held space for you, you’re welcome.
Share your Peace with Mother Earth and Father Sky, and with the Big Waters all around us, for we are all connected.
(c) 2017 to present, by Whale Maiden for the Earthways Shamanic Path. All Rights Reserved.