I keep waiting for a calm moment, to return to my posts about me and Kit Tan the Cat, sitting on the screened porch, watching the birds, feeling the wind, smelling flowers.
But there hasn’t been a discernable break in what I can only call, The Swirl, so, I have to just wade in to the cold icy waters, Honorable Shamans and Fellow Pagans, and break the ice which grips my Muses.
We have seen so many changes in the past three or four days, and I believe the directives coming from our new leadership team are just going to keep coming. So, I have two or three things to say:
1. Find a way to ACCEPT that this new “climate,” this regime, is not going to go away, for a couple of years. I knew an old Yogi who used to tell me,”relax into it,” when doing yoga. Floridians will understand me when I say, it may seem like we are in a constant state of an impending Hurricane.
2. To counterbalance that STRESS, you must make sure to take care of yourself, every day. Make sure you eat right, get enough rest, take walks in nature, play with your friends and family and your pets. Learn to say, “no tgank yoi, my plate us full.” Pray or meditate, or Journey Shamanically. (I can teach you how to do these things.)
3. Then, because there is SO MUCH to focus on, because so much is changing so fast, we all have to focus on one or maybe two key issues that really matter to you. There are plenty of issues to choose from. Accept that you can’t take up every cause, and don’t feel bad if you have to say, “no thank you, my plate is full.” (See point #2.)
My two priorities are helping people with their spiritual development, and, protecting the supply of sparkling clean water.
4. COMMUNICATE your priorities to your family, friends, church community, and to your elected officials. You should know who to contact, about various important matters in your community. Figure out your message, and write letters about it to your elected officials.
5. Pace yourself. SHARE the work. Take turns. Rest.
This is how we share our peace with Mother Earth and Father Sky and the big Waters all around us.
(c) 2017 to present by Whale Maiden for the Earthways Shamanic Path. All rights reserved.